Category : Uncategorized
E-commerce giant eBay Inc. is asking customers to change their passwords after a recent hack that the company says exposed customer names and passwords, but didn’t manage to steal any financial information.
The company says the attack happened between February and March when hackers accessed a database containing customer names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, birth dates, physical addresses and phone numbers.
Here are some tips for ebay safety and the step by step picture tutorial below to change your password to secure your account.
You must be logged on to your account to change the password.
4. If you chose Email then you will receive one like the one below with a link.
Click on link to resetting your password.
5. The link will bring you to the page below. Enter your password twice to reset it.
Create a password that has combination of upper and lower case, numbers and characters.
6. Login using your email or User ID and password.
7. Once logged on, hower your cursor over My eBay and click on Summary as it shows in the image below.
8. Click on Activity and the Purchase history. Confirm that there isn’t anything that you didn’t purchase.